Applied/Computational Mechanics/Structural

greenat

Hello All,

I am planning for a MS in applied mechanics leading to computational mechanics for FALL 2012. Please suggest good universities with a good aid chance . GRE 1270 TOEFL 117 ACAD 70/100 scale. 3 yrs work ex.

Hello All,

I am planning for a MS in applied mechanics leading to computational mechanics for FALL 2012. Please suggest good universities with a good aid chance . GRE 1270 TOEFL 117 ACAD 70/100 scale. 3 yrs work ex.

I can list 100 good universities, however only you know exactly what your looking for. Take a look into rankings to get a better sense of where the school stands and if its above or below your standards.

As far as funding goes, for a MS student it is extremely rare (but possible) to get funding. I don't have any actual statistics behind it, but i'd say maybe less than 5% of MS students are funded through either TA/RA, the rest is all for Ph.D students. Some universities flat out tell you theres no way you can get funding for MS. So, this is just a headsup to start looking for external scholarships, etc.

If you narrow down your school list to a reasonable amount, put them up here and we'll gladly advice you as to which school would be a good fit.

hasseye! Thanks for the reply!!!

Here is my narrowed down list . u can tell me if its over or under ambitious.

University of illinois , urbana

University of Michigan , Ann harbour

Rutgers

North Carolina state U

Penn State U

Esslingen , germany

TU delfts , TUE

Univ of Stuttgart

Chalmers University Sweden

As of now this is my best shot at aid as well as admit . Let me know if this is ok or i have missed some real good universities in this field.

Thanks

hasseye! Thanks for the reply!!!

Here is my narrowed down list . u can tell me if its over or under ambitious.

University of illinois , urbana

University of Michigan , Ann harbour

Rutgers

North Carolina state U

Penn State U

Esslingen , germany

TU delfts , TUE

Univ of Stuttgart

Chalmers University Sweden

As of now this is my best shot at aid as well as admit . Let me know if this is ok or i have missed some real good universities in this field.

Thanks

Those are very good universities especially the University of Michigan and the University of Illinois, some of the top in engineering. The rest are all very good schools as well. I'm not trying to discourage you, but the likelihood of you getting funding from any of those schools in an MS, is less than rare. You really need to graduate from MIT with a top GRE, with research experience, with high GRE scores, and do an MS thesis. Normally all funding is reserved for Ph.D candidates regarding of how well your profile is. It's still very well possibly and likely, but since Michigan and Illinois are top 10 schools, don't count on it there.

As far as you being admitted, I think all of these schools you have a very high chances of admitted.

Edited by hasseye