retake GRE to increase funding?

The GRE average of accepted students was 700 (quantitative) and 650 (verbal). These scores placed students in the top 20%.

That's directly from the admissions info regarding the MPP at HKS. Your scores are excellent by any measure, and you should be in good shape to compete for scholarships at the three programs you listed. Since your verbal is 670, it must be around the 95th percentile; for a non-English or Philosophy candidate, you're definitely in elite company. My advice would be to celebrate your score and work on the other components of your application.

I agree with other people. My scores were lower in all categories compared to yours and I got into SIPA and WWS (going to WWS this fall). Save your energy, get a glass of wine and work on other parts of your application. Good luck!

Well SIPA did not give me anything regarding scholarships. I knew it was a long shot anyways because they are quite stingy with funding for first year students plus I am an international student. However, WWS came through with a full tuition scholarship and $22,000 for my living expenses! Without any hesitation, I accepted in a heartbeat. Of course that is not the only reason why I accepted their offer, it is a great program as well :) Goodluck with your applications.

how was the funding with your acceptance packages?

Perhaps you should look for the MPA/MPP forum for HKS and ask the folks who are currently in the program or recently admitted.

anybody have experience with HKS funding?

Edited by abogs78

Perhaps you should look for the MPA/MPP forum for HKS and ask the folks who are currently in the program or recently admitted.

Agreed. Not to be rude, but we all offered helpful responses and it seems the OP was only concerned with funding estimates... which are nearly impossible to predict with any certainty (especially at the elite programs).

• 6 months later...

it really depends...if you've got an average or above average score, then don't bother...focus on other components of your application..But if you got a reallllllly low score, then probably you should retake the test. GRE scores dont play a big role in deciding how much funding one gets...its just an indicator of basic aptitude..What counts more is the SOP, recommendations, awards & achievements, work ex, volunteer exp, undergrad education, gpa etc...