NSF EAPSI

msafiri

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew what the status is on people that applied for Japan or if anyone knows when final confirmation is going to arrive. I got and accepted my tentative offer, but haven't gotten a final confirmation. I've been sending in all the documents that they had requested.

I received the email to make travel arrangements, and I just hung up the phone after booking my flight SATO. See you all in DC!

Did anyone get a rejection? For any country? I assume I didn't get it, but the radio silence and perpetual "pending" status are maddening.

Did you get a tentative acceptance? I talked to Elena Hillenburg last week, and she said that if you have tentative acceptance and haven't heard anything from JSPS it's a good sign. She said that the JSPS will usually tell NSF about rejections and problems.

Did you get a tentative acceptance? I talked to Elena Hillenburg last week, and she said that if you have tentative acceptance and haven't heard anything from JSPS it's a good sign. She said that the JSPS will usually tell NSF about rejections and problems.

Oh, no - I hadn't heard anything from NSF so I assumed last week I was rejected, since tentative acceptances already went out for all countries. But I just find it strange that I haven't received a rejection and that my status still says "pending," so I was just wondering if anyone else had received a rejection.

Oh, no - I hadn't heard anything from NSF so I assumed last week I was rejected, since tentative acceptances already went out for all countries. But I just find it strange that I haven't received a rejection and that my status still says "pending," so I was just wondering if anyone else had received a rejection.

For which country did you apply?

I received the email to make travel arrangements, and I just hung up the phone after booking my flight SATO. See you all in DC!

I've made my travel arrangements. I'm closer DC, so I'm taking a train up. It's good to hear that no news is good news. Hopefully we'll get final confirmation in the next days.

You could be on a waitlist. (A friend of mine got off the waitlist a couple years ago for China.) Good luck!

You could be on a waitlist. (A friend of mine got off the waitlist a couple years ago for China.) Good luck!

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I was wondering if this might be the case. But since I guess all the other rejectees out there stopped coming to this forum, I'll never know whether they were notified of rejections or just assumed they were out of the running.

(Unless anyone out there wants to tell me! So to reiterate - do they notify you if you're rejected? If so, when and how? Anyone?? Thanks!)

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I was wondering if this might be the case. But since I guess all the other rejectees out there stopped coming to this forum, I'll never know whether they were notified of rejections or just assumed they were out of the running.

(Unless anyone out there wants to tell me! So to reiterate - do they notify you if you're rejected? If so, when and how? Anyone?? Thanks!)

You might want to try calling the Elena Hillenberg (her number is listed on the NSF EAPSI page) to see if she can give you an update on the status of your application.

Last year I received a formal rejection notice, but this year I have still not heard back one way or the other about my application. I assume that I am out of the running.

Good luck.

Last year I received a formal rejection notice, but this year I have still not heard back one way or the other about my application. I assume that I am out of the running.

Good luck.

Thanks. I guess they're just too busy to let us mere mortals know what's up :)

Just got my official acceptance from JSPS as well. They want you to confirm that you are participating and that they have the correct mailing address on file. Looking forward to seeing you in DC!

Can someone post the official link for the EAPSI program. I can't find the application website on google other than the nsf.gov funding page (which doesn't link to the program/application page).

Thanks.

Good meeting all of you this weekend (Dirac and Er_Insane I know I met). See you all in two months.

It was great meeting both of you as well. Good luck with all the preparations, I will see you all there!

Oh, hey. Just came across this thread now. Looks like I'm the only one replying from the Taiwan program. For those of you who got accepted to the other programs (e.g., Japan, China), have you guys already created your online communities (e.g., Facebook group)? The Taiwan group already set up their Facebook group and Google custom map. I'm pretty interested in how the other programs are group coordinating.

Edit: BTW, for those at the orientation, I'm the brown dude with the black cap wearing the "Taiwan" sign to rally the troops from the Taiwan program, lol.

Edited by Paul Taele

Anacron, the official link probably won't be open for another few months. They just finished deciding this years fellows so they are probably taking a well deserved break.

Hey, does anyone know how we can see our reviews for EAPSI? I just read mine for the GRFP and I'm dying to know if the EAPSI reviewers agree with my GRFP reviewers (for similar, though not identical, proposals). Thanks!