Really concerned about my GRE essay score

pizymisa

Hello, guys. I'm new here.

But I'm really concerned about my GRE scores, and I don't know who I can ask,

I just graduated from UC Davis,majoring genetics. I'm planning to apply a genetics Ph.D program.

and took the GRE test Today...I got 1600. This really troubles me.

I'm not confident at my essay part, a 1500 would probably be more suitable. (I'd be lucky to have a 4 for writing)

I thought there was no way to get all the questions for the comprehension part right.

I heared that if you have a very high score, schools expect you to have a 5.5 to 6.0 essay score;

otherwise, they think you cheated and won't consider your application.

AHHH...... Should I take the new GRE this August, and not study for it to get a lower score

to even out the 1st one?

:( :( :(

Edited by pizymisa

actually I am serious.

That's what I heard from a number of people.

Some seems to think this is bad news, if I really can't strike a high score in writing.

Some seems to think it doesn't matter.

I studied 5 months for GRE, but writing is more a skill that develops over years.

So the internsive study didn't help much with that after all.

You're planning to risk a perfect score in order to change you AW score that you haven't even received back yet? The AW is the least important part, plus your in the hard sciences so it's even less important. Relax and celebrate your perfect score!