What does it mean??

gradsh

My application status on the web "LSE for you" was under consideration but today the message in the status says: "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first)... :shock: :shock: :| :|

I guess is it good news but should I start to jump of happiness?? (I think the rejection will be far more painful :oops: ), did any LSE applicant received the same message and then a rejection?

Thank you!

When I applied last year, I applied to four schools. All had email applications, some had better on-line notification programs than others.

School 1: I got a letter of admittance via mail, with no notice on the website of update in status, and that was an acceptance.

School 2: I got an email directly from a professor in the department I'd applied to, asking if he could interview me about a potential research assistantship, and that was (obviously) an acceptance. From that school, I got an official email of acceptance like two days later.

School 3: I got an email that my admission results were posted on their website, and I should go check, and that was an acceptance, too.

School 4: The only school I didn't get into, posted on their website that "an admission decision had been made and you will be notified shortly." I got a letter of rejection like a month later, and nothing in between via email or otherwise.

In other words, all schools are different, and I wouldn't get my hopes up until you hear the actual response from the school. Sorry I couldn't give you better news!