Choice Between Two Programs

Hello fellow librarians! :)

I'm in a bit of a dilemma... it's a happy dilemma, because I'm sure either program I choose will be great, but it's a dilemma nonetheless. Back in April, I accepted an assistantship from NYU to earn a master's in history with a specialization in archiving. I was planning on doing their dual degree program with Long Island University so that I'd be earning my master's in library science at the same time. A few days ago, I got a call offering me a work study-type thing from UNC Chapel Hill. I'd be doing a dual degree program and earning a master's in library science and a master's in public administration from their School of Government.

I know that UNC's program is very well respected in the library/archival field. However, my funding comes with the stipulation that I also earn the degree in public administration, which I have to say I'm not particularly interested in. I know the combination of the two degrees would make me more "marketable" than the library science/history combination, but my real career interest lies in doing some type of historical archiving work. However, I know that Long Island University's program is nowhere near as well known as UNC's, but if I put off getting the library science degree for now, that may be a disservice to me in the future. I also recognize that the chances of getting major funding for a library science program are slim, so maybe I should take advantage of UNC's offer?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Where would you like to work after school? I've been told that you should get your degree in the area you want to work since you'll be able to go to local networking events and it will be where your professors have the most connections. You'd have NYU as a "name brand" school even if Long Island isn't (and people in NY/NJ know about Long Islands library program). Where would you be able to get the most work experience in a library/archive? That matters more than the school your degree is from. Are there additional records management courses in the public administration program? How much of the public administration program would be applicable in a library/archival job?

If I was in your position the difference in the cost would have to be pretty hefty to go to a program that is less related to what I want to do.