Moving across the world

Hey everyone,

This topic has one major goal: ranting about how horrible it is to move to the other side of the world ;) So much work! I'm almost done now - my boxes which I'm shipping to the US have been picked up, the stuff I'm not taking with me but I do want to keep has been stored at my parents' house, almost all of the stuff that I don't want to keep has been thrown away or redistributed... I do still need to take my bed and couch downstairs, which is difficult (small hallways), and I need to scrub my room, which is annoying. Then, I'm going to a friends house with my two suitcases and my backpack, where I will sleep before flying to the US tomorrow. So, really, I'm almost done... but that's why I have a bit of time to complain, haha.

Of course, the real problem with moving abroad is leaving friends and family behind, which I'm finding very difficult. I love them very much and I don't know if I'll have the same kind of friendship in the US (I probably will, but I don't have it yet so it's hard to imagine!). I just want to hold my best friends really close and not let go. But, of course, I'm doing this to myself (and to them) so I'm the only one to blame! Ugh :( Also, I'm continually a bit nauseous, my body's reaction to nerves.

I guess my point is: this is normal, right? Right? :blink:

I wish you to have a great trip!

My flight is in two weeks and I am feeling a bit nauseous already :lol:

I am sure you will find a lot of great friends in the US! And with Skype and emails you will keep the old ones as well. Just imagine - you will have even more great people who will love you and whom you will love. I think it's awesome! ;)

Let us know how your flight has been.

Good luck!

I guess my point is: this is normal, right? Right? :blink:

totally. was in the same boat 5 years ago.

welcome to minneapolis, ennue! the weather is great - some days are very hot because of the added humidity, while some days bring you a lot of rain with thunderstorms! am sure you will love it here.

strangefox, welcome to philly! - was there couple of summers ago, visiting friends. am sure you too will enjoy it there.

Thanks for the encouraging words! :) The trip was good - long, but nothing went wrong. And now I've already been here for 5 days! Strangefox, good luck with your big move :)