Rhet/Comp Programs focusing on Environmental Rhetoric?

Hi All!

I would like to enter a M.A. or PhD Rhet/Comp program with some focus on environmental rhetoric. For any of you out there focusing in this area, how did you go about your application process, specifically, creating your school list?

I have been reading some theory from the field, but most of the scholars have come from Communication departments. Does that mean I should be looking at Comm. departments instead of Rhet/Comp? I have an English Rhet/Comp. and Political Science undergrad, but no Communication background...I know switching programs is not uncommon but there are aspects of rhet/comp I also enjoy, specifically the focus on pedagogy, as my end goal is to become a professor.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been interested in this as well, but have found it difficult to find any graduate humanities programs with a stated environmental focus. Usually it's the reverse (an ES degree with a humanities concentration), like this one: http://www.antiochne.edu/es/phd/humanities.cfm

I don't feel sciency enough to be competitive at programs like this. Let me know if you find anything good, and I will do the same!

• 4 weeks later...