NEW GRE SCORE..MCB CHANCES?

ivyworm

Hello All,

I have just recently taken the GRE and, as a result, have some new stats to post on here. I am looking at applying to programs in molecular and cellular biology. The schools I am looking at are Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, UPenn, Michigan, and NYU. What do you think my chances are at getting in these prestigious programs? Here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 3.678 (Rigorous Science Curriculum at University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fl)

Quantitative (Range): 750-800

Verbal (Range): 540-630

Research Experience: Currently doing a post-baccalaureate fellowship at the University of Kansas in Developmental Neurobiology (the program started in June and will last up until I begin graduate school in the fall ~1.5 years). Before this, my research experience was in the field of peptide synthesis and nanochemistry (1.5 years).

I have written what I believe to be a phenomenal statement of purpose and should be getting great letters of recommendation (1 from my current PI, 1 from my PI in Chemistry, and 1 from a well respected Biologist who is the assistant provost of undergraduate research at the University of Miami). I have prior teaching experience (General Chemistry Lab TA, 2 semesters; Biology workshop leader, 1 semester; Chemistry Workshop Leader, 4 semesters) and extensive leadership experience (Research Coordinator of BBB honor society executive board; Undergraduate Facilitator in Research in Ecology; Biology Peer Advisor, 2 semesters). I also worked throughout college in retail and did several volunteer/service experience )National Gandhi day, relay for life, Biology guest lecturer and science fair judge at local high school). I have attended several national research conferences and have memberships at a few science societies. Also, if it helps, I am a latino minority. What do you think?

• 3 months later...