What would look better volunteering or research?

Josh70

So I might have chance to do some more research but really isn't very related to biochemistry or molecular biology. It would be based on ecology and watching some flight patterns of birds but I figure any kind of scientific research would be great. I am also a pharmacy technician and know a local free health care clinic I could volunteer at. I am wondering what other people think would look better on graduate school application to like a PhD program in something like molecular biology if the research even though not directly related or if doing volunteer work would be better to try and purse.

I am leaning towards more research but want to hear from some other people. Thanks for any advice.

Ah ok thanks I thought that would be a much better option as well just didn't know if maybe schools wanted like a little bit of community service or anything like that.

Ya that's probably why my advisor suggested doing the volunteer work. He is also the advisor for people applying to things like medical, pharmacy , and dental school, so I guess that is important for them.