Calculating four GPAs

archer

Hello all!

I have four GPAs - one from my community college, two from studying abroad (two semesters at the same institution and for some reason they were not combined), and one from my four-year college that does include the three aforementioned GPAs. To find my cumulative GPA, do I just average the four scores together?

Thanks!

The question itself is misguided, unless I'm really missing something here.

Your cumulative GPA is the one the college grants you when you graduate, based on their metrics of whether to incorporate those grades or not, and if so, to what extent. So if your school has honored those grades and assigned a weight to them, then it will already be factored into your four-year college GPA. If they feel those grades aren't a part of your academic standing (other than giving you general credits for them), they'll exclude them from the cumulative GPA. In either case, it's already been calculated. No effort is required on your part.

(For the record, were you to combine them, you would need to weight them according to how much credit was given by your college for each class at the community college and abroad.)

What Balderdash said.

To add, usually schools will want you to list each institution you've attended, along with a transcript- not just the "most prevalent" school, or the most recent one.