LOR third party service

OldGrad2012

Hi all,

Does anyone use the LOR third party service like Interfolio? I do not think this service is helpful because each graduate school have their own online recommendatin system. For each school application, they require you to enter your recommender email address and they will instruct your recommender of what to do to submit the LOR. So I guessed using a centralized LOR service does not help. Don't you think so or am I wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you. I was planning on using Interfolio until I saw how many of the school requested that an online form is used. Some of them also require that the LOR is on letterhead. However, if a professor can submit the letter to Interfolio on their letterhead, then it might work for some of the programs. It really depends on where you apply. If you are only applying to programs where they have no preference for how the LOR is submitted, then definitely use the service.