How would I interpret the "Denied-Program Full" from Gatech?

Myth_Buster

Hi Folks,

I had got "Denied-Program Full" as the rejection reason for my MS CS, fall 2011 application. I would like to know if anyone can explain what exactly it implies.

My immediate thinking says that my application met their requirements but admission was denied due to lack of slots. But then I have an alternative thought saying that there was no real need to evaluate the then-remaining applications (including mine) once the program became full.

Now, which one would would you think as more applicable rather realistic? It will be helpful to hear, if you have been through the same and know the exact implications of "Denied-Program Full" status.

Moving ahead, I have reapplied for MS CS, fall 2012 with Action-Dept. Decision Pending as the current status. How far would you feel this status is going to assure the admit? I need to mention that I had "Pre-Eval Dept. Decision Pending" when receiving the reject for fall 2011. As I have observed "Action-Dept. Decision Pending" is one step ahead of the "Pre-Eval Dept. Decision Pending".

Cheers.

It does seem one step further along in the process, but I can't say that it assures an admission. Most likely it means you met their initial screening requirements. Good Luck!