Sending transcripts again??? Current senior

jesiquita

Does anyone know if we need to send a second transcript to include our fall grades if we are current students? I know this varries based on program, but I wanted to see if people were actually doing this. I'm about to drop a ton of $$ to rush them because some of the adcomm people emailed me and said "I could if I wanted to" but they have to get there by the 10th. These fall grades brought my GPA up from a 3.87 to a 3.89 and three of the classes were sociology. Worth it or no?

(See my signature for the list of schools I applied to. If you're applying to them too and are a current student, let me know what you think).

If you are considering rushing new transcripts in an attempt to show them your "better" GPA, then NO. I mean honestly, two-hundredths of a point is not going to make or break an application.

Now on the other hand. If the sociology classes you took were upper level and relevant to your program, and you got good grades in them, then by all means send the new transcripts. It would show the adcoms that you can handle the sociology coursework.

• 3 weeks later...

Many of my applications asked me to list the classes I was taking this Fall/Spring so they would know what else would be on my "final" transcript. But no, I definitely not send them an updated one unless they specifically require it... and I doubt they would expect 100+ applicants to follow through unless they require it very explicitly.