original transcript from multiple undergrad institutions?

gradcafe26

Hi, all

I transferred from university A (outside of the US) to my current university B about 3 years ago. Now I am graduating with a BA from B.

The courses that were transferred from A are in the official transcript of B (both course names and respective grades).

Do I still need to submit an original transcript from A to the grad schools that I am applying? Do different schools have different policies on this?

Thanks!

Typically, since you did receive credit for the courses taken from university A you have to provide a official transcript even if it shows these courses on university B's transcript. My advisor actually noted the following to me when I told her i was thinking of grad school: The only reason why those courses appear on your transcript is because they had a relative similar course and could give you credit meaning the courses transfered.

Also, most schools do want to see transcripts from schools you were given any credit while I have seen just a few that will ask for official transcripts if you took more than a given amount of credits.

Hope this helps some.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

does anybody know if you also need to provide transcripts from a school where you were an exchange student? Even when transcripts from my alma mater (the one that granted me a B.A.) shows which classes I took and what grade I got?

If so, I'm a bit worried, cause I'm not sure if the exchange school still keeps my record somewhere...

Thank you.