avicus

Hi everyone,

I just graduated from a university in Singapore, and will be applying to grad school for Fall '12. This is my first post. I've been on this forum a while though, and do really appreciate the loads of helpful advice which can be found here.

I am interested to do a PhD in electromagnetics, specifically radar and remote sensing.

To my knowledge, I have not come across another poster with similar interests, and would really appreciate some recommendations for good schools for this field. I do not have a DSP background, but am more interested in radar systems, their applications to remote sensing, and propagation.

Thank you very much!

A big shoutout to anyone else interested in this field!! According to one of my advisers, people are not exactly rushing into radar head-over-heels these days. Would be great to talk to fellow interested people. :)

• 5 months later...

Hi eesj,

I realize this has been a super-dead thread, which is my fault because I started working after sending in my apps, stuff happened, and I basically ended up being away from this forum for a long time.

I have already been accepted to the CU Boulder PhD program for Fall 2012, with generous funding, thank God, haha. The prof I'm interested in working with over there is doing research in atmospheric remote sensing, like measuring temperature and wind conditions.

Yeah one of the profs at my UG institution did mention Caltech, but I did not apply as I did not think I stood a chance of getting in. Hopefully there might be a chance to work with them in the future.

What are you studying? Anything related to radar/remote sensing?