SOP focus on non research Engineering

George2248

I opened this topic because I see many treads about advice and tips for SOP for Phd Programs, many of them in Humanities Programs.

I wanted to open a discussion about how an SOP for an Engineering Master Program (in my case Engineering Management) is supposed to be focus and approach. Since this Professional Master are not as focus in Research I am a bit confused as to how the SOP model should be.

Does it have to be in any literary form? or just straight answer to the Program questions?

How do people generally approach their SOP for this kind of Programs? also MBA SOP or other MS can be helpful to in this discussion.

Thanks for the help and time.

You need to explain why you want to do the degree, why at that school, and why you would be a good candidate. They might ask you to answer some specific questions, but that should be the general message of your SOP. Even if you're not doing research you're obviously planning on learning something and you're planning on doing something with that knowledge. Explain what those somethings are.

You need to explain why you want to do the degree, why at that school, and why you would be a good candidate. They might ask you to answer some specific questions, but that should be the general message of your SOP. Even if you're not doing research you're obviously planning on learning something and you're planning on doing something with that knowledge. Explain what those somethings are.

Ok they basically ask me to express my motivations, aptitudes, and career goals.

My problem is that I dont know how the tone and writting should be. For example, in many samples SOP I see that people tend to use narration style, or agumentative, or literary structure and not a straighfoward answer what they ask.

Since I havent seen any samples for the kind of Program I am applying I am a little confuse about this.

Thanks for the tips!