Yeah, I'm there with you BlueCamel. Definitely a worthy cause though, and there's still the small chance that we might get wait listed. I know I was asking for it with only applying to 6 schools and all except one being Top 10 B-schools...

I kept holding onto the hope that business schools are just late this year, but gonna stop fooling myself now... I got really screwed over by my GRE. Admissions "don't put too much weight on GRE scores" my ass...

TOO TRUE!!!!

I kept holding onto the hope that business schools are just late this year, but gonna stop fooling myself now... I got really screwed over by my GRE. Admissions "don't put too much weight on GRE scores" my ass...

The way I construed it was that the saying meant ~ "a high GRE won't get you in, but a low GRE will keep you out." That's why I tell people not to spend too much time and energy worrying about the GRE/GMAT if their scores are within a certain range of a school's admit average. At Kellogg, for example, the differential impact between getting a 780 and a 730 on admissions is negligible--if you had to spend a considerable amount of extra time to raise your score by that marginal amount, then that was time wasted. However, if you're scoring below the 700s for example, then spend more time raising your score.

Can anyone who have done phone/on-campus interviews share some experience? Any tips for on-campus interviews? I saw from one interview invitation that there'll be a serminar (besides introduction session and individual interview), anyone know what this could mean? All applicants sit together with profs and have a group interview sort of thing? Thanks for any advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Behavioral, Mike and everyone else,

My plan is to apply for a Phd in Mgmt/OB but given how competitive things seem, I decided to apply for a Masters program first before proceeding to the Phd level.

I got accepted into Columbia's MA in Social/Orgz Psychology & Cornell's MILR program. Both schools are wonderful but now I have to choose. I'm leaning towards Columbia more since Cornell's program seems so HR related (obviously they have a huge advantage when it comes to HR).

what are your thoughts/recommendations about the programs given that I want to proceed to a Phd in Mgmt/OB following the MA?

thanks.

Either's fine as long as you get the chance to get involved with academic research. If you can publish while pursuing your Masters, you'll get a strong shot at getting into a top OB PhD at either school.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd welcome anyone's take on this:

It's March 28 and I still haven't heard anything from three of the six schools I applied to. I emailed the programs last week (assuming they are rejects) and asked if it was possible to get an ETA. They all replied back saying something to the effect of we will contact you with a decision by April 15th...

Am I on waiting lists or something? Do they even conduct interviews this late in the cycle? Is it good that I haven't been rejected this late?

Your thoughts?

Hmmmm, I guess that's better than a flat out rejection! Hahahahahaha!

Thanks for your input Behavioral. As always I'll make sure to keep this group and the results page posted if I hear anything...