When completing online application ...

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if you guys fill out as many blanks as possible when completing your application, or leave them blank when you aren't required to fill them out. Would this affect the adcom's decision in any way? Stuff like listing POIs in my online application seems unnecessary to me as I'll address that in my SOPs.

And do you usually indicate (when asked) you wanna receive funding from the school? Given the economy, I fear indicating my need for some sort of funding might decrease my chances of being accepted. Wish I was independently wealthy!

Any thoughts? :)

I actually have 2 or 3 programs that ask me for POI in my app. plus then I have to mention them in my SOP as well. I am listing POI's in both spots because in your SOP you can add more things. For instance, if the program has various other resources that make the department unique to your research interests this I believe is something worthy of mentioning outside just simply putting names down.