GRE Poll (Verbal Only)

Tritonetelephone

What is your best official GRE verbal score?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best official GRE verbal score?

• 800 - perfect!
    • 750-799
    • 700-749
    • 650-699
    • 600-649
    • 550-599
    • 500-549
    • Lower than 500

I made the mistake of completely overcompensating and studied extremely hard for the quantitative. I did WAY better than I was expecting on that section, but my verbal score suffered, at which I was very disappointed b/c my practice tests were going well. Did anyone get two verbal sections?

Did anyone get two verbal sections?

Yes, they often "guinea pig" new questions/formats after you finish the real test. I liked the new format of the experimental section, but I started to rush through it because I was so anxious to see my scores. Then I started to worry that it would somehow count for something (it doesn't). http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menu ... l_CBT_Test

I made the mistake of completely overcompensating and studied extremely hard for the quantitative. I did WAY better than I was expecting on that section, but my verbal score suffered, at which I was very disappointed b/c my practice tests were going well. Did anyone get two verbal sections?

I had these experiences - the studying, the scores, and the two verbal sections. I feel a little bad about my verbal score, but hope that my writing sample (and three foreign languages on my transcript) will make up for it.