No response from LOR after 2 emails....time to freak out?

mj53

Sent the first e-mail Sept. 27th. No response for about a week and a half so I sent a follow up to on October 6th. Still no response.

He agreed to write the LOR in April when I was rejected last year (he wrote me one last year and said he had no problem with writing me another one when I tried again).

This is irritating. Now I have to scramble for a 3rd letter? He could at least respond to the most recent e-mail. I even gave him an out asking to let me know if he was unable to write one.

I do have another e-mail of his which his last response came from me through in April. But Ive always contacted his university email when talking and never had a problem.

Probably send a third email tomorrow if I still have no response to the other non-university email to see if maybe he's just not checking the university one any more.

I'm in the same situation for two of my references, which is odd considering how responsive these professors are with emails. But I know it's easy for emails to get buried during a busy semester, so I'm planning to drop in during office hours this week.

I just wrote this to another poster, but I would definitely try a different e-mail address. I was all worried because a professor (who I was really close to) didn't e-mail me back after a week... So I used a different e-mail address with the original message and a note at the beginning that I wasn't sure he had gotten it at the other e-mail address. He e-mailed me back within hours. So definitely do that, or call him up to ask if you're using the right e-mail! Good luck!

I emailed him at a different email. Im only giving him a few days at this point. I have a backup I can use if need be and to be honest the back up will be just as strong of a letter. I just didnt want to have two coming from where I work because Im paranoid that looks worse even though they're all doctors at the end of the day.