NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

anybody else got their feedback?

Hi marmoor,

How did you ask for feedback? Did you just send an email to the address provided in your response letter and ask for 'feedback on your application', or is there some special procedure?

anybody else got their feedback?

Congratulations to you marmoor, I also got my feedback. Got ranked 18 out of 116 in the same group, so I'm watching your back :P Joking aside, I am not holding my breath for declined awards. I decided to find a job in industry and accepted a postdoc position in the meantime. So I'm good :)

Congratulations to you marmoor, I also got my feedback. Got ranked 18 out of 116 in the same group, so I'm watching your back :P Joking aside, I am not holding my breath for declined awards. I decided to find a job in industry and accepted a postdoc position in the meantime. So I'm good :)

Congrats to you too, I will be going to industry but still really wanted to have PDF in my CV :(, so you are ranked 10 and I am ranked 6 in the wait list, I am not so sure if they will even get 2 from the waitlist so lets find a way of highlighting the waitlist thing in our resume :P

Congrats to you too, I will be going to industry but still really wanted to have PDF in my CV :(, so you are ranked 10 and I am ranked 6 in the wait list, I am not so sure if they will even get 2 from the waitlist so lets find a way of highlighting the waitlist thing in our resume :P

Good point! I'm all for that :D

Not yet, I requested right away and got a generic "will process" reply from NSERC. I will update when mine comes, I'm PGS though, not PDF

Received feedback and specific scores for each of the 3 criteria.

I have to say, for holding a 4.0 gpa my score for academic excellence was pretty low.

I am new to this forum, I just got my feedback and ranked 10 in computer science between PDF applicants. Has anyone received letters in the waitling list, when should we expect to get them and are my chances high in getting PDF?

Wait28

I am new to this forum, I just got my feedback and ranked 10 in computer science between PDF applicants. Has anyone received letters in the waitling list, when should we expect to get them and are my chances high in getting PDF?

If you look at the list linked to above, only 9 computer science PDF's were given...so I guess if a single person turns it down, you'll get the award (!).

Has anyone on any waiting list received a letter yet?

By the way, am I the only one really angry at the total PDF numbers this year?

Received feedback and specific scores for each of the 3 criteria.

I have to say, for holding a 4.0 gpa my score for academic excellence was pretty low.

I was thinking the same thing about mine.... not sure how you get 100% in that category

Wait28

If you look at the list linked to above, only 9 computer science PDF's were given...so I guess if a single person turns it down, you'll get the award (!).

Has anyone on any waiting list received a letter yet?

By the way, am I the only one really angry at the total PDF numbers this year?

I guess no one is happy with the PDF numbers this year, I think they dont want people to go to postdocs, what was your rank?

I got an email yesterday and I am out of the wait list :) good luck everyone

Congrats!!Can u mind telling where u got the email from (university or nserc). Also was the feedback emailed or mailed by the university or NSERC? Thanks..

Have they already sent letters to waitlists? I got an email form NSERC today saying that I am nominated for "Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories 2012". Does this mean they are no giving me PDF any mre?

I am guessing that the first round of waitlist letters went out, since at least one person got one in early May, and I think I read above somewhere that one's response to a successful PDF had to be in by the end of April. But maybe there will be a second round of waitlist offers...although the chances of that are pretty slim I think.

I don't think anyone is really reading this anymore, but to those who are still doing their PhD programs. If you're concerned about the PDF numbers this year (there's no reason to think they'll go back up and it'll affect you sooner than you think!), you should really write or talk to, and get your fellow students to write or cosign, letters to your department chair, someone higher up in your uni, or even the local MP. Nobody except us really cares about this, so it's up to the grad student community to change it.