which should i choose? MCIT/MSE

gy21

Hi guys,

I am now applying for the program at Upenn. My undergraduate major is MIS, and I took one year exchange program(non-degree) at University of Oregon--this year I majored in CS, but I only took 2 classes in CS due to some reason.

There are two program at Upenn, MCIT is for those without backgroud in CS area and MSE intends for CS guys. I haven't taken several core classes as Operating system, Network...But I did have some classes--database applicaiton, programming in Java, C++ and Windows. So now i am wondering which program(MCIT or MSE?) I should apply... This question really confused me a lot! PLEASE post your idea and thoughts.Thanks!

The following is the link to introduction of these two programs, hope you can give me some suggestions.

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/grad/applications.shtml

I would say ask on the computer science forum, you may get some type of response there. Just looking at the programs I think maybe the MCIT would be a better option, because you did mention you lack some core courses that could be important for admission into the MSE program. Really, I would just contact Upenn because it is somewhat of a dilemma given you are in a field that requires a lot of similar course offerings. Research may play a role as well so I would also advise to see what program fits your needs in that aspect as well.