Chances without getting an interview

ndufour

Hello All-

Yeah, I'm imploding from anxiety. But we all are. I have a few interviews, but my top choice (MIT. Yes, I know name isn't everything. I also know it's terribly easy for someone with a cutesy rhyming screen name that includes "MIT" to be magnanimous and state "don't worry there are lots of good programs" but everyone wanted to get into into big name schools for undergrad and damn little has changed) hasn't requested an interview yet, and hence, since they're apparently done with interviews, probably won't. Thus I ask if anyone knows what action to take should you not be granted an interview (if any) and what that means for one's chances. Does it mean you're just done, throw in the towel, etc? That's the impression I've got but I have been unable to locate any information specifically concerning "life after being denied an interview and your acceptance chances," and was thus wondering if anyone knew anything in regards to that specific eventuality.

Well, obviously my field is completely different from yours, but I'll give you my two cents anyway. If the school has a wait-list system, then you could still be in the game. For at least one English program that does interviews and keeps a wait-list, applicants on the wait-list who are not offered interviews may still be offered admission.

Of course, it depends on the school, but I just wanted to give you an example of how things could possibly play out. Best of luck!

Wow, MIT works fast. I haven't even started hearing anything, Kansas won't say anything until Feb 15th.

Did you submit close to the deadline? They might be going through apps in order received. Might explain why you haven't heard anything yet.