Munk School of Global Affairs

Clay Made

Anyone aware of the reputation of this school? I have heard good things from people about Toronto in general but a little concerned I couldnt find any info from previous applicants anywhere!

Is anyone considering applying?

Hey Clay,

I am an international candidate for MPP program,just like you. I am also in the process of short listing schools with respect to my TOEFL and GMAT scores.

I have mailed to Munk school regarding their internship and placement statistics.However, I haven't yet got any reply from them.

Are you aware of other Canadian schools which offer great global mobility and provide good opportunities to work for international organizations such as IMF or UN.

Please let me know your opinion.

Warm Regards

Amit Ganguly

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am applying to the Munk school this year. The reason you cant find any info from past applicants is because it is only the 2nd year the program is running (I believe), so there probably isn't much info out yet since its relatively new. However, I am a UofT undergrad majoring in International Relations, so I am very familiar with the Munk center, faculty, events, etc.

They have a really strong faculty (I know most of them, and have been taught by a few in my undergrad courses as well ). The courses appear to be really comprehensive - the management and economics/accounting courses are taught at Rotman in year-2, and the internships on the website are all very high-level (World Bank, UN, DFAIT, etc etc). I'm in the Munk school all the time as I study in that library, and they have a really strong networking center. There is some workshop, event, or speaker happening every few hours at the Munk school.

The only other Canadian schools that are up to Munk's level - I believe Carlton has a strong reputation but I have not done much research on it. Mcgill is supposed to be at the same level as UofT in terms of faculty in Political Science programs.

Hope that helps

• 1 year later...

I'm also quite interested about the school. They supposedly have some great placements into WB/Fed/IMF etc but I'm a little apprehensive because they are not in the official APSIA schools. Anyone lurking here know about the school?

OP, do you know anything about the program? Did you apply/get admitted? I'm considering it. The website mentions a lot of good placements within the usual suspects but I'm concerned I havent heard much in the community about it. My manager at work had never heard of it!

How does it compare to say a GWU or Stanford?