NYU - Steinhardt?

ridgey

Just wondering if there is any application-status check thing available? The GSAS at NYU has some fancy online system to check both whether transcripts have been received and admissions decisions, but I can't find anything for Steinhardt. The School's webpage announces that it is verboten to call and check receipt of documents etc, so I was wondering if there was any other way to tell. Thanks.

I asked about checking if all docs were received, etc, and they said that they would notify me via snail mail if anything was missing. In terms of application status, they said they didn't have anything like that. I double-checked the online app but there are no updates in there. (Not sure if that's helpful, but I thought I'd share my experience with this!)

hey,

i know the one for checking out the materials, but where is the one for admission decisions? via that embark page?

I'm not sure, I'd just searched the NYU website for "application status" or some such trying to get info about Steinhardt, and one of the first results was a blurb fromthe GSAS. Sorry not to be more helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I can tell, Steinhardt sends out snail mail. The professors I have talked with in the program I am applying to indicated that they would be sending letters sometime next week. (Feb 23-27). . . I think. I'm hoping to hear some positive news then!

I sent an email simply inquiring about the process, whether it was rolling admissions or not. NYU Steinhardt not only does not want you to call, but give very little information about the process, timeline etc. Anyway, I got a reply back that said for the Higher Ed program, that the process is not rolling, but students are notified by mail and email and decisions will go out in late February, so I assume that is next week.

Did anyone here also apply for the NYU Reynolds Fellowship?

I talked to the Steinhardt grad admissions Director last week - I had received a letter stating they needed transcripts from the community college where I earned 30 undergrad credits 20 years ago - I was concerned this would eliminate me from being considered for the Reynolds Fellowship. She asked me if I could fax unofficial transcripts right away, which I did, and also requested official transcripts to be sent. She told me they had 100 applications for the Reynolds Fellowship and could choose 15 semi-finalists to move on to the next round. Have not heard anything else at all.

They claim they will notify Reynolds Fellow finalists by e-mail March 10 at the latest. I wonder if that means all applicants too?

• 3 weeks later...