Quick SOP Length question

One of the schoosl I am applying to (Education Ph.D) has very few guidelines on SOP length: 1-3 pages, that's it!

I am very happy with my SOP and I have cut it down substantially. It is currently at 2 1/2 pages 1.5 spacing (or 1300 words). They did not specify single versus double spacing, but going with double spacing puts me over 3 pages. I also see no reason to change it because most of the other schools I am looking at have a maximum word limit of 1200-1500.

Because of this, 1300 words seems perfectly fine to me, even at 1.5 spacing. I'm a little frustrated that they are so vague in their directions, but might hold my reasonable interpretation of said directions against me, but I'm afraid I might be shooting myself in the foot.

It's not about not wanting to shorten my SOP, which is always possible to do not matter how good it is. It's about not wanting to shorten it for no real reason!

Is there some unwritten SOP law that might help me?

Thanks!

Last year I felt very confused by not having any instructions on a lot of SOPs. Just the give us a SOP that does not exceed 3 pages or something of the like. No inclusion of what was wanted in the SOP. This year, I have found it easier to write those SOPs. I know what I want to talk about and know what I feel is important. I have one that limits me to 500 words and is very explicit in what is wanted in those 500 words. The whole thing sounds choppy and crazy and I just can't figure out how to make it seemless. Still working on that.

There really are no "unwritten" rules on the SOPs. It all boils down to opinion, preference, and heresay. If I had the magical formula on how to write an amazing SOP, I would give it to you. My only suggestion is to be specific, honest, personable, and have great lucidity throughout. Make sure it isn't cold and just seems like you've thrown something together. I don't think any of us can be pacified while writing the SOP :(