Vanderbilt?

t_ruth

ok, I took a look at their conference room schedule (as someone last year suggested, lol). Two big faculty meetings last week and this week (that don't appear to be usual end-of-the-month things), and then 2/27 cognition and cognitive neuroscience recruiting room reservation. Who knows if this means anything.

I applied ...to both their psychology and neuroscience programs since I am interested in cognitive neuroscience. I heard back from neuroscience and have an interview this weekend. When I contacted the graduate admissions people to ask about my psychology application, they said that they had not finished giving decisions yet. I did not ask about when they would decide so maybe call them to find out? Clinical psychology though seems to have given out decisions.

It seems that clinical and neuroscience give decisions faster at most schools than the other areas in psychology.

I think it is way too early to bug them for decisions, but I'm glad to have the info you have, thanks!

Is your interview in person? It would certainly make sense for them to interview for both programs this weekend if it is (money saving for them)...

How did they notify you about the interview?

Yeah, I applied to a mix of psychology and neuroscience programs, and the only ones I have heard from so far are the neuroscience ones. I think the psychology ones will get back to people mostly this week and next week.

My interview is indeed in person. Very exciting. The actual interview is on Friday and Saturday. I contacted the director of graduate admissions in psychological sciences, Tom Palmeri, and he said that they would not be bringing me back for another free trip :). Instead since almost all of my profs of interest span both departments, psychology would just use the information gathered during this one visit to make its own decision. My job now seems to be to ask questions about both departments at the interview to help make my decision!

Who are you interested in working with? Are you only applying to psychology programs?

Oh and I was notified about my interview for neuroscience via email back in the first week of January.

Cheers

Z

czarrar, hear anything else about the psych program? how'd your interview go?

Other than you, it seems their psych applicant pool's online presence is a black hole. No one on applycorner, noone on livejournal, wth?

The interview went well. It was a lot of fun, and I was sad to leave. I did not hear anything else about the psych program. I have actually decided to go with their neuroscience program instead of psychology. From what I learned through my trip, it seems that it would be a better fit for me.

czarrar said:
The interview went well. It was a lot of fun, and I was sad to leave. I did not hear anything else about the psych program. I have actually decided to go with their neuroscience program instead of psychology. From what I learned through my trip, it seems that it would be a better fit for me.

Congrats on your decision!!

I hear it's a great program.

Would you like to share in more detail what was so fun about the trip? :D

I have an interview for a different neuro program, and I'd be very interested in the format of your interview :)

Congrats on your decision to go to Vandy!!

I hear it's a great program.

Would you like to share in more detail what was so fun about the trip? :D

I have an interview for a different neuro program, and I'd be very interested in the format of your interview :)

Thanks! I wouldn't say that I have decided to go to Vandy just yet (I have a bunch of other interview to go through first) but it was definately a good fit for me.

What neuro program are you interviewing with? The format of my interview was brief introduction to the program on the first day. Interviews with faculty of interest and lunch + dinner with the grad students. On the following day, we had interviews with faculty on the admissions committee, followed by a tour of the campus and nashville. It was fun to talk about research all the time and to hang out with the grad students...got me more excited for grad school.

Good luck on your upcoming neuro interview!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

shameless bump again! Really is there no one who applied to this program!?! Anyone here developmental, social or quantitative psych? Or Ed Psych w/anything?