how does getting an NP( No pass) affect you when you apply to Graduate School.

I'm a freshman in college and I'm almost certain that I will get an NP in Precalculus. It is not because I did not study, I studied like I never did before but I still didn't do well on midterms. I want to major in psychology and someday apply to grad school in psychology. I do not need pre calculus for my major, and I just took it because I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in, and I thought precalc would help me if I decided to major in something that required math. In my school getting an NP does not affect your GPA in only means you did not pass and therefore you don't get any units. I am doing great in my other classes ( A's).

What happens if I get an NP, will I still be able to get into a good grad program? I know it might be too early to start freaking out about grad school, but I was used to doing really well in school and I am really worried about this.

Thank you.

bear123--

IMO, the NP will not adversely impact your candidacy.

I know it might be too early to start freaking out about grad school, but I was used to doing really well in school and I am really worried about this.

Yes, it is too early to freak out about graduate school, but it is not too early to use the search function.

This question has been asked in a variety of ways many times. By starting a new thread without searching, you not only deprive yourself of the guidance offered in previous threads, you encourage a sensibility in which everyone thinks their questions are more important than similar ones previously posed. In turn, this sensibility undermines the overall effectiveness of this BB.

My $0.02.

"By starting a new thread without searching, you not only deprive yourself of the guidance offered in previous threads, you encourage a sensibility in which everyone thinks their questions are more important than similar ones previously posed. In turn, this sensibility undermines the overall effectiveness of this BB."

Sorry .that was not my intention. I did use the search function but did not find anything that was directly related to my question. Thanks for your reply.

Depending on which field you end up being most interested in within psychology, you may need calculus. So though I think you should be fine with one NP, this might be something that you need to invest extra time in so you can get a pass at a later date. Good luck!

@bear123--

If you're attending a UC school, there may be options that allow you to take an incomplete and then repeat the course later to take the IP off your transcript.

You might also look into the option of taking certain classes at other schools during the summer (either for grades or on a P/NP basis) and then transferring the credits later.

If you're at a UC campus, especially Berkeley, I recommend that you CYA at all times regarding the answers you get from administrators. At the very least, ask every question three times. One can stand in a line 1 and get answer A, stand in another line, get answer B, and then go back to line 1 and learn, yeah, it was B all along. (Or so I've heard.)

If you're at a UC campus, especially Berkeley, I recommend that you CYA at all times regarding the answers you get from administrators. At the very least, ask every question three times. One can stand in a line 1 and get answer A, stand in another line, get answer B, and then go back to line 1 and learn, yeah, it was B all along. (Or so I've heard.)

tru dat. (actually, you'd probably get answer C if you went back in line 1.)