2009 Acceptance

smt

Hey, I thought I would start this year's stuff.

I noticed that I was the second to post that I had been admitted to UGA. I also applied to UW, UBC, UNC, UofA, and Rutgers, but haven't heard from them.

Anyone got news? I'm getting excited.

Hey!

I was the other UGA post.. I'm still waiting for word on $ too. I applied to a few of the other schools you mentioned too and haven't heard anything from anyone else. I've been in contact with U of A and it sounds like it will still be a few more weeks before anything comes from there.

Good luck!

Yes, I did mean U of Arizona. Good to know they will be on the later side.

When I went out to visit, they said that they would be accepting very few students this year...like 5 or 6.

I really liked it there, but those seem like some tough odds.

I heard from Rutgers yesterday.

I was accepted and they made a really nice offer with four years of funding.

It's exciting news.

Congrats!! I got into Michigan State today! The decisions keep on rolling in, but no one is meeting for funding! I'm getting so anxious to figure out where I will be next year. :)

Has anyone heard from U. Washington-Seattle or UCLA yet? I know that UCLA is usually a late bloomer-- but I had seen some people had heard from Washington by the end of February last year.

Thanks and good luck all who are still waiting!!!

I'm still waiting on Washington, too. I had a few acceptances all come at once, and now I've been waiting for weeks again.

Sorry to hear it, Daniel! Hope we all have better luck with the schools we're still waiting on.

Weekends make it all that much worse as few programs notify over them-- gah, who needs a break?! :wink:

I know! Weekends are the worst! I'm starting to get so antsy! I spoke with one of my professors, and two of my programs' ad coms haven't even met yet. This waiting is SO hard.

Are you sure Kansas hasn't met yet? Last year their results were out at this time.

Two students from my department and I have all applied, and none of us have heard anything yet! And he said they were meeting later this year, for some reason or another.

My rejection to the University of Washington was emailed to me about half an hour ago. It sucks, but I expected it and Seattle is expensive. At least it broke up the monotony of getting no notifications for the last few weeks. Moving on!

U Washington-- my rejection letter came about then, too. :( Gah, what does one need to get into these grad programs. I *think* I sound pretty good on paper.. It's when you meet me that people realize I'm crazy. ;)

Please excuse my excessive emoti-cons. It's a habit I must drop-- but having them on the side of the screen only facilitates me.

It's Massachusetts notification day, if you are me: email rejection from Clark, email acceptance (no funding info yet) from UMass Amherst. Still waiting to hear from 3 universities in Canada.