Any news from UNC, PSU, Upenn, UMD, Berkeley and DUKE?

msright

Is there any one in the soc department of these universities?

Is there any one know whether the commitee have started reviewed files?

Is there any one know some informations about the international admittion with funding of the PHD program?

Every day is a long day with eager waiting......

No news on my end....I applied to UNC, Penn and Berkeley. UNC and berkeley have historically notified the first or second week of feb, but Penn is usually the first bit of march. I haven't seen any results on the page for PSU, UMD or Duke for religion, so they are probably still deliberating.

Sorry!

Slothy, I am pretty sure you were very special if they called you on a Sunday (wasn't that when you posted your acceptance?). Someone else got into UNC today though, so I would think it's a different deal now, maybe they're sending out the first (or only) batch of admits. I personally am not holding my breath for UNC, given that I'm not so sure about my fit with their department. Still, I'm curious to find out.

YAY!!! Just got a call from UNC--I'm in!!

It was from a potential advisor I mentioned in my SOP. It seems like they passed along apps to the advisors mentioned, so I'm guessing notification depends on when your advisor wants to let you know.

Full funding for 4 years: next year: 15,000 + health insurance and tuition waiver, but you have to pay a 1,700 fee.

Recruitment weekend is march 4-6. They don't pay for travel, but you do stay with a grad student.

YAHOO!

Slothy, I know you got a phone call, but did you post again today saying you got an email? There was another post.

Hi! Sorry, that was me. I got an acceptance email and then had to run a meeting! It was personalized. No phone call- but then again I left my phone at home, so who knows?