What are my Chances?

rogerfed

Hi, I am an international student applying for comparative politics with interest on the challenges of democratic consolidation. I am also interested in how government performance affects citizens' satisfaction with democracy in new-democracies. My GRE is Verbal: 154, Quant: 161 AW:4.0. My GPA is 3.81 from a large state university in midwest. in. I am doing a senior thesis under 2 professors and 1 practicum in a Center for Democracy. My recommendation should be fairly strong.

Schools applying: Emory, Chicago, UCLA, Pittsburgh, Northwestern, PSU, UNC, Cornell, UVA, UC Irvine, UPenn, Yale, WashU, Georgetown.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Perhaps to be more specific, this is my research qn:

Why does popular support for democracy vary across countries? Are economic factors more important or do political factors matter more to the people? Does the belief that democracy improves one’s economic situation or the confidence in elections to deliver accountability has the more influence in determining the popular support for democracy in new democracies?

Hope I can get some comment.

Anyone? I really need some input.

Your stats are perfectly fine, but you haven't really listed enough info for anyone to give you more feedback. (what kind of quant classes? what research have you done? have you worked with people in your field? etc.) More broadly though, why do you "really" need input? Not to be somewhat harsh, but presumably your apps are basically done at this point and you have targeted those schools for specific reasons and for particular people. If so, then you've done most of what you can to maximize your chances with your good grades. Not much else anyone can tell you at this point...