only rejections thus far

Leahlearns

Anyone else only receive rejections thus far? I've only heard back from one school and I didn't get in. I didn't apply to all that many schools (only 4) and have no idea when I can expect to hear from the others. It's so nerve-wracking! They're all competitive. There just aren't that many terminal MA programs in my field to start with...On the upside, I only need one acceptance. I would be very happy at any of these schools. I have no hierarchy. But, of course my fear is that I'll be rejected everywhere. (I know I'm not alone there). I do have a back-up plan. I want this though!

I haven't heard anything, and I can tell you that I would give just about anything to have the first one be an acceptance, just to keep morale up, but I'd say it's too early to start worrying. Don't put the back up plan in motion quite yet!

I'm in the same boat. Applied to 5 programs, the most competitive one had the first deadline, and it looks like interview invites are out and I didn't get one. I 98% expected this but it still is not the ideal way to start the process! Here's hoping for good news to counterbalance it soon :).