School Psych: Fall 2012 Applicants

goldfinch

I just thought I'd check to see if there are any other aspiring school psychologists out there who are applying for next year! There was a last year, but so far nothing has surfaced for this cycle... so maybe I'm alone?

My major goal is to be certified to able to work in schools, so I am applying to a mix of PhD and MA/EdS programs since they both will allow that. Of course, some of my application deadlines aren't even until mid-February, so it's probably a bit premature to worry, but I am getting anxious to just finally know where I will be in August!

Anyway, anybody else? :)

I am also applying to both PhD and EdS programs. 2 PhD and 5-7 EdS. I just got an invite via email from UMN for the PhD program. Yay! Now I'm waiting to hear from my other PhD school. I've submitted half of my EdS applications, and I'm working on the rest right now.

Good luck!

I am applying to one (yes just 1) Ed.S. program. I have a family that is settled in one city and we plan to live here long term. It is also the school district that I want to work for after graduation. Only applying to one school is making me extremely nervous, but I'm hoping that my stats will be strong enough to get in. Thankfully I made great relationships during my undergrad also, so getting good LOR's wasn't as difficult as most people who've been out of school as long as I have.

My application wasn't due until Feb. 1st, but I have already submitted it. Now it's just a waiting game.

Well, I've applied to a PhD program in School Psych at Loyola but I was rejected. They did, however, offer to consider me for the Ed.S. program. I already have a Masters in another field, but I'm hoping I get in this program--even though it will delay my goals by 3 years, and I'm not a young woman. So, we shall see. I'm applying to another Ed.S. program as well, but I am not interested in attending this particular school as it is a "School of Psychology" and I am concerned about how this school will be perceived.

I'm glad to see there are more people out there! I seem to always have to explain what school psychology is whenever I am asked about future goals and career aspirations, even by those in the field of psychology (my undergrad university does not have an educational/school psych program so most faculty here are unfamiliar).

I have also heard back about a couple of interviews in January, which I think to me will be the most stressful part! I'm assuming reading up on each school/program/faculty is a must before interviewing; does anyone have any other tips?

• 3 months later...

Hi! I've already gotten into the M.S. programs of Loyola and Fordham and am still waiting on the M.S. program at the Teachers College at Columbia. Anyone else in the same boat? I am very anxious to hear, especially since I have to register for classes for Loyola on April 12!