late recommendation letter!

spsych

Hi everyone,

I'm a little concerned about late recommendation letters. Two of my recommenders have submitted their letters, and I'm just waiting for my third recommender to submit the letter. The deadlines for the applications were 12/1 and 12/15 (btw, I'm applying for PhD in social psych). Will it affect my application??

Thanks!!

Contact your program and ask if recommenders have an extended deadline. One of my schools had an application deadline of 12/2 and a recommendation deadline of 12/16, but that was not indicated anywhere on the site. I only found out after I started panicking about a late LOR and I contacted my program. I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck :)

Contact your program and ask if recommenders have an extended deadline. One of my schools had an application deadline of 12/2 and a recommendation deadline of 12/16, but that was not indicated anywhere on the site. I only found out after I started panicking about a late LOR and I contacted my program. I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck :)

thanks! i contacted one school and they had a grace period but it passed! *sigh*

I had a letter writter submit a late latter as well. The LOR was turned in 2 days after the deadline. I am not sure what this will mean for my application but I have done everything I can to follow up and make sure my packet is now complete. I am sorry this happened to you too. Were these late letters for your top choices?

I had a letter writter submit a late latter as well. The LOR was turned in 2 days after the deadline. I am not sure what this will mean for my application but I have done everything I can to follow up and make sure my packet is now complete. I am sorry this happened to you too. Were these late letters for your top choices?

The LOR process is one of those formalities that I would love to see change. So many people seem to have issues around this. Plus, it's unfair that it is completely outside of our control and programs can potentially not review the application based on one letter writer. I hope that isn't the case for you. I hope that your application is reviewed. Was this your top choice?

The LOR process is one of those formalities that I would love to see change. So many people seem to have issues around this. Plus, it's unfair that it is completely outside of our control and programs can potentially not review the application based on one letter writer. I hope that isn't the case for you. I hope that your application is reviewed. Was this your top choice?

Got all my letters! Whew...

Well, before I got my letters, I called about 3 schools whose deadlines were 12/1, 12/7 and 12/12 and they all said that it was okay. Two of these schools didn't even start looking at the applications!

Got all my letters! Whew...

Well, before I got my letters, I called about 3 schools whose deadlines were 12/1, 12/7 and 12/12 and they all said that it was okay. Two of these schools didn't even start looking at the applications!

congrats!!