Taking the GRE after a deadline? - GRE/GMAT/etc - The GradCafe Forums
Jump to content

Taking the GRE after a deadline?


NObama

Recommended Posts

I'm working in Mali right now on an internship. There appears to be no times to take the GRE there so I am flying out to Spain as soon as I am able to take the test. The date I secured was 1/23.

Which is a major issue, as some of the deadlines are past at this point. Now, my question is, as I am physically unable to take the test until this date, would many of the schools accept a delayed test score (unofficial until verified).

I've emailed some of the schools in question but it appears they've packed up for the holidays. Now, I am stupid for taking this internship but the opportunity was too good to pass up.

Would many of the schools accept a delayed score, if the rest of my application is upto date and ready to submit (inc recommendations, etc).

I'm applying for IR degrees..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avoid stressing yourself out and just apply next year. Some schools have a strict rule when it comes to deadlines and you don't want to waste the 50-100$ app. fee and all your efforts in an application that can be possibly rejected because it is incomplete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avoid stressing yourself out and just apply next year. Some schools have a strict rule when it comes to deadlines and you don't want to waste the 50-100$ app. fee and all your efforts in an application that can be possibly rejected because it is incomplete.

I would definitely not like to apply again next year as essentially I have devoted the past 18 months for my applications. I perhaps should not have taken this internship but it added further value to my application now. Hopefully some of the schools are a bit more lenient. They really ought to be considering I submitted the application on time, with everything else included. Still pretty worried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some schools accept lateish scores but 1/23 seems to be quite late considering decision timelines. You should wait for the schools to reply on this one imho or try to get to another country earlier.

Thanks. Still waiting on the schools to get back in touch. If they dont by tomorrow, I'm screwed I feel!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.