Stanford IPS Personal Statement

NObama

I'm applying for the fall and I didnt think to ask admissions about the personal statement because I had assumed details about it would be online or via the application but to my surprise there is nothing!!

Anyone aware of its content, word count, scope, etc? Would be a massive help

Thanks!

Because IPS is just a program within Stanford's graduate school (as opposed to a separate school as in most other IR programs) and therefore doesn't have a separate admissions office, I think that applicants are supposed to follow the instructions provided on Stanford's general Office of Graduate Admissions (took me a while to figure this out, too):

You will be asked to upload your statement in the online application. You may upload one file (it should not exceed two pages in length, single spaced). Make sure to set your computer to a Western European or other English-language setting. We cannot guarantee the ability to access your statement if it is submitted in other fonts.

Describe in your statement of purpose:

• Your reasons for applying to the proposed program at Stanford and your preparation for this field of study
  • Your research and study interests
  • Future career plans and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study

Because IPS is just a program within Stanford's graduate school (as opposed to a separate school as in most other IR programs) and therefore doesn't have a separate admissions office, I think that applicants are supposed to follow the instructions provided on Stanford's general Office of Graduate Admissions (took me a while to figure this out, too):

Thanks a lot! Weird no word count but looks standard enough. Thanks again