Too many recommenders?

Helpplease123

I could've sworn all applications want 3 recommendations but i've just looked again at the NYU Wagner application checklist and it says only 2 are required. However the application system let me add 3 (and it only says "A minimum of two letters of recommendation are required"...should I try and get one removed or should I just leave my application with all of them? I don't want to ignore application rules because clearly thats a negative thing but there seems to be conflicting information about whether I should have two minimum or two total?!

I could've sworn all applications want 3 recommendations but i've just looked again at the NYU Wagner application checklist and it says only 2 are required. However the application system let me add 3 (and it only says "A minimum of two letters of recommendation are required"...should I try and get one removed or should I just leave my application with all of them? I don't want to ignore application rules because clearly thats a negative thing but there seems to be conflicting information about whether I should have two minimum or two total?!

I've had some applications say this, but check with your individual program. My program (English) in almost all cases notes that it wants three, even when the app itself says a minimum of two. So, if you're used to three as the norm, I'd say you're probably good! :D

Haven't submitted the app yet, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be penalised for not following instructions for having too many recommendations but since they had minimum two on the actual application, i'm hoping it's ok but if not, I can get one removed.