Any Teach For America alums out there?

lagirl

Hey folks! I'm glad I stumbled upon this website! Weirdly, it makes me less anxious. I was wondering if there were any TFA alums here who applied for MPA/MPP programs in fall 2012. I completed my corps experience in the South and am currently in my 3rd year of teaching at a high performing charter network on the east coast. I am ready to leave the classroom and am interested in earning some policy credentials through grad school. I am a little nervous about my stats- I didn't do too well on the GRE but I do have work experience! I'm curious as to what schools other alums have applied to. Non-TFA peeps are more than welcome to respond as well!

Hey Lagirl, congrats on completing your cm experience! I'll be done this spring nyc '10. I'm sure you are aware already from the TFA website but it's got a great list of programs that offer us alums scholarships and a variety of other bonuses. there is a specific list for policy programs.

http://www.teachforamerica.org/why-teach-for-america/compensation-and-benefits/graduate-school-and-employer-partnerships

good luck!