has anyone heard from ucsb yet?

gouache

Has anyone gotten in or rejected or anything from UCSB? I know I'm being obsessive but I can't help it. Last year I know people heard back 1 week after the deadline, but this year they were on vacation that week, and just got back this week. Anyway...anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

ditto, looking back I can see it wouldn't have been the best fit. For some reason it seemed as though they took at least 2-3 painters, I wouldn't want to be the only painter. Even though I am very interested in interdisciplinary work I would still like peers who work from paint as well.

ucsb said a few times on their website that they want you to contact professors during/before the application process. I just emailed to introduce myself and reiterate my interest in the program and her work, i didn't ask for any results info. she just responded by telling me i wasn't accepted etc.

umm... no i didnt ask for my results, nor would I ever have. I was unable to visit personally so I emailed to say hi (and nothing more) to the professor I was interested in working with, which like Gouache said was recommended on the site.