Fall 2012 PhD Epidemiology Applicants

Epi_Queen

Hi All,

I thought that I would start a thread for the 2012 PhD Epi applicants to list their thoughts, decisions, and vents.

Anyone else getting nervous about this entire process as much as I am?

Good luck!

Edited by Epi_Queen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Epi_Queen,

I only applied to one school (UNC), and found out last week that I got in. Now I have to decide if I should go...My husband is starting a 3 year postdoc at Duke and I'm worried that when I graduate I won't be able to find a job in the same city as him (or vice versa). So.

Anyone know what job prospects are like with a PhD in epidemiology? Do grads go where the jobs are (like DC, Atlanta, universities with professorship openings, etc), or are there openings for epidemiologists in most major cities in the US?

I hate this feeling of indecision.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to revive this thread to see any PhD Epi applicants have made a decision yet about what school they are planning to go to, impressions they've had about programs so far, and why they're considering or not considering going to a particular school, etc. Personally, I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools before I make a decision, but would love to get a chance to talk to future classmates when I do decide. :)

Edited by epi19