Anyone else really surprised at how nice and helpful the admissions associates are?

Starlajane

I apologize if it's just me but, especially this application season, I have found the admissions associates (the ones who are in charge of files and all materials within) are unbelieveably helpful when it comes to applications and files. Not only have I always been able to get someone on the phone, but they have always given me a positive answer ("Yes, I can help you with that, no problem") when I expected a negative one, not to mention that they were really nice about it. Given all of the stress of the application process, it's comforting to know that there are people who actually care. THANK YOU!!!

I know I sound like such a butt-kisser right now, but I really have been *astounded* at how nice the people have been at the unis to which I am applying; that certainly wasn't the case with the two that I applied to last season.

This is also just to let other applicants know that, if there is a technical issue with your app and/or you submitted something with an error, it might be worth it to ring up the department, who just might be ready, willing and able to help you with the issue to ensure that your app is not only considered but that you're putting your best foot forward. At least, that has been my experience.

I haven't had too much direct experience with schools, but I emailed one department after coming across some info on the website that contradicted what was in the application. I received a really nice response from the department secretary -- and quickly, too. The experience was a bright spot in what has otherwise been a really depressing process.