cancelling/rescheduling after already RSVPing

fargond5429

a school that i got an interview for made me RSVP by Jan 4. The next day I got an invitation to a school that i want more, which has their interview at the same time. after about a week or so i decided to go to the school i liked better's interview weekend. i told the first school i need to reschedule...they sounded sketchy, and haven't gotten back to me are they going to cancel on me? is it really rude that i am moving them? i am not flying so i didnt have plane tickets and they are going to have to schedule me on a random weekend that isnt a full on recruitment weekend. i feel really bad but i am going to do what i feel is best. both programs are about the same in terms of rank. advice?

What you did is both rude and immature. What you should have done is asked School B (the one you say you like more) if you could interview on a different weekend, rather than backing out of School A's interview after committing. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother interviewing at School A at this point since you have already shown them you don't really want to be part of their incoming cohort.