EE Admissions Fall 2012

ece_mania

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sure. I got accepted into columbia, harvard, stanford, and princeton for PhD in EE (i'm assuming i will get my masters first because I only have my BSEE). I am not sure yet where I will be going, I will be going to all of the visit days in order to see where I will fit in best. Good luck to everyone!

yeah sure. I got accepted into columbia, harvard, stanford, and princeton for PhD in EE (i'm assuming i will get my masters first because I only have my BSEE). I am not sure yet where I will be going, I will be going to all of the visit days in order to see where I will fit in best. Good luck to everyone!

Awesome set of schools you got accepted into. This is prob rare but did you get rejected from any school? And do you feel there was anything specific about your portfolio that all these schools liked or wanted?

Awesome set of schools you got accepted into. This is prob rare but did you get rejected from any school? And do you feel there was anything specific about your portfolio that all these schools liked or wanted?

I got rejected from MIT so far...I think that while I did have a high GPA, I did not take an extraordinary amount of advanced classes or anything. I did research for a couple of years, but no publications, so I think it must have been letters of recs (which i think i had above average recs on all) and the personal statement essay? I think a lot of the times it comes down to whether or not your interests fit the profile of the research professors there. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone heard from UIUC regarding his/her admission?

I saw someone mentioning that he got in, but that was a month back since he did his undergrad at UIUC. Anyone else with any news?

Well, well.. 3 decisions, 3 rejections so far...

I applied to 3 top schools which I knew I had little chance (mit, stanford, berkeley) and 2 more reasonable choices (washington, utah). I think I will only have my 'safety', and I'm not 100% sure...

Right now, I don't know what to do. Is there any university with the admission window still open for international students?

My background:

Graduated top of my class (1/432) on a top Spanish university.

GPA: 3.85

GRE: 157/162/3.5

TOEFL: 102

No research experience, but co-author in 3 papers.

Funding given by a Spanish institution for 2 years.

Applying for MS+PhD.

well, couldnt quite understand what "3 co-authors with ''no'' research experience" means !!!

If you have contributed or had even so much as a sniff at research, you should cash that in sop/resume....well yes you could apply to Texas A&M University (couldnt think of any other school atm but the best way would be to start with US world and news ranking list, spend a few hours crossing out those with admission window still open, narrowing down your choices, emailing POIs indicating that you come *funded*, they could facilitate your entry)...

Since you already have two years funding, that is a big big big plus if you know where/how to advertise it...even if you get into masters, you could definitely switch to Phd later (considering your record).... hope that helps :) good luck

Hey guys,

Im new to this and wanted to share my news. I applied to MIT, Harvard, Stanford, RPI, CalTech and Tufts University for PhD in EE.

I got accepted to Stanford's MS in EE program. As I have not heard back from them regarding financial aid award letters, those of you that did get in - did you guys get anything yet on your AXES webpage regarding award letters?

Thanks in advance!

I heard from them yesterday, I got rejected from the Ph.D. program but offered admission in the M.S. program with no funding.

Same here. I have a visit to Michigan State this weekend, based on how that goes, I'm going to make my decision. I read you can transition from master's to Ph.D. at UMich, but it's still incredibly selective.

Same here. I have a visit to Michigan State this weekend, based on how that goes, I'm going to make my decision. I read you can transition from master's to Ph.D. at UMich, but it's still incredibly selective.

They didnt contact me yet, does that mean I'm out