Guggenheim, MET, or MoMA internship app / summer 2012

whiskers1992

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GeneralistAdventurist, I applied to the Brooklyn Museum one too. I included a postcard in my package like it said in the application, but I haven't gotten it back yet. Have they notified you that they've received your application yet?

Oh, thanks, that's good to know!! I kind of applied for both...I don't know if that's okay, but I would be happy with either, so I just let them know that. I really want it too, so I would be down for either! What about you? Did the interns talk to you about how they're liking the experience so far? Do you know how many people they usually accept?

Hey guys, thought I would let you know I just got an email saying all the MOMA internships are finalized. No internship for me :( but hopefully some of you had more luck! The email said they had over 1000 applications for 45 spots...ugh!

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to reply -- I am not in NYC but would love to move there in late summer/fall. I wonder if not being in NY will lead them to not want me... Has anyone heard from the Brooklyn Museum yet? I really want this one and I'm getting nervous!

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same position I have only recieved feedback for Part I of the application.

I saw somewhere in an old post last year that someone was contacted a week before the deadline for a phone interview, but the choices will be finalised on August 10th, so I don't think there is much hope for me.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heard from moma 12 month internship yet?

On August 1, I have received the confirmation for Part II of my application, and that's all. the deadline for notification is tomorrow.

• 6 months later...

anyone heard from the Peggy Guggenheim 2013???????? (summer internship?)

hi Whiskers1992,

i applied for the guggenheim venice summer 2013 internship too. i havent heard anything yet either. im starting to get a bit worried, but from what ive read online its normal for them to go over the deadline due to large volumes of applicants. **fingers crossed we hear something soon** please let me know if you do hear something though :) good luck to you! 

Hi Whiskers, I did the internship last year. I did not hear back about my status until one month after the notification date - so don't fret and best of luck to you! if you have any questions about the internship, feel free to PM me.

hi fragonard32, 

you said that you did the guggenheim internship last year...was it the one in venice? also just wondering how they contacted you with your acceptance?

i know this is so silly but im just too nervous/ excited about it so ive been driving myself crazy checking my emails a million times a day!

hi fragonard32, 

you said that you did the guggenheim internship last year...was it the one in venice? also just wondering how they contacted you with your acceptance?

i know this is so silly but im just too nervous/ excited about it so ive been driving myself crazy checking my emails a million times a day!

I'd echo fragonard32 too that the Guggenheim is horrible with notifications! Last year I applied for a Guggenheim NYC internship and they got back to me in early May--wayyyy after the notification date.

Good luck and hang tight. Just remember, no news is good news!

Edited by apotheosis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from Brooklyn Museum of Art regarding the Education Internships for 2014/2015. I read in one of the earlier posts that they didn't contact people for interviews until mid-may last year and then only announced the successful candidates in July! I haven't even received confirmation of receipt of my application yet, so I just thought I would ask if anyone has any news. Thanks!