School wants a quick decision

socihealth

I received an admissions offer from a school that I am excited about. I still have an interview to attend from a different school and am (not so) patiently awaiting admissions decisions from other programs. Normally this would be fine but the school that accepted me asked for a response within 30 days to hold my spot in their program. If I have not heard back from other programs at that time I do not feel like I can give them a decision. Is it appropriate for me to ask for more time in this case? Has anyone faced similar circumstances?

If it's a U.S. school, I would check first to see if the school is a signatory of the April 15th graduate student decision deadline.You can read the resolution here: http://www.cgsnet.org/?tabid=201 if you click on the PDF version you can see all the schools listed. Then, as the deadline gets closer, request more time. Especially if you have any kind of financial assistance they're offering, and they are a signatory, then you're well within your rights to gently and respectfully ask that they give you until April 15th to decide. :)

Thanks guys! This info was very helpful. I think i will wait for a week or two and see if any other schools get back to me, at that point if i still need more time, I will contact the school and request an extension for my decision. i am hopeful they will be ok with this.