how many universities have the interview tradition?

msright

I got the impression that most departments don't conduct interviews. But then, Harvard state on their FAQ that there are no interviews, and then it turns out that they do interview applicants who make it to the short list...

Why don't you try looking up your departments in the results search and see if they conducted interviews last year?

I got the impression that most departments don't conduct interviews. But then, Harvard state on their FAQ that there are no interviews, and then it turns out that they do interview applicants who make it to the short list...

Why don't you try looking up your departments in the results search and see if they conducted interviews last year?

Good idea!

And I just checked it out that IUB conduct interviews.

I didn't apply the soc program of Harvard, but the health policy program. Since there is still no news by now, I think I have been rejected probably.:(

Berkeley started notifying students already, so I guess there are no interviews (someone would have mentioned it). As for the others - I have no idea.

Since it appears that Harvard conduct interviews, and I didn't get one, I guess I can strike them off my list...

Indiana doesn't necessarily interview everybody. A lot of schools that have short SoP word limits will just make contact if they want more information.

Yeah, that was my posting on grad cafe...and I don't think there are any other on there. I imagine they want to talk to me because I don't have a soc background and wasn't able to get into "why soc" with the 500 SOP word limit.

Don't Worry!!

BUt, the email they sent said "we will be making decisions very soon."