Discussing offers from other universities during a visit?

InquilineKea

I certainly don't want to show off, but it is going to be important if I want to be honest.

Basically, I'm visiting Yale+Brown, and UChicago just gave me a really amazing offer (with a fellowship for top applicants) - I also know the UChicago professors quite well. I'm very open to learning more about Yale and Brown, and the research done at those places, but I don't want to disappoint the profs I'm talking to by getting their hopes too high. I do want to make it clear, though, that I'd be perfectly happy everywhere, and I do want them to gain something by talking to me too.

Edited by InquilineKea

I think it would be a mistake to mention it. Faculty members know that the people who are their top candidates have most likely applied and been accepted at other schools.

The only situation in which I would mention other offers would be if you are directly asked. Otherwise.. no. Just no. Enjoy your visit and see the school in light of what it has to offer you before you compare it to other options.