Has anyone who has applied to Yale's PhD program in biostatistics heard anything? Or does anyone know if Yale interviews their PhD biostats applicants? I noticed in the results survey they interview their epi candidates and that a lot of them have already heard since the interview weekend is Feb 13th. Any insight would be helpful - thanks!

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you checked, but the results are in, I was rejected by Yale for the PHD Biostatistics/Epidemiology. This sucks bad, really bad. 5 rejections and 2 left to know about.

Wow, everyone's on the waiting list?! Absurd with the credentials we all have, considering their program isn't even in the top 20 nationally, I would expect them to be more lenient towards applicants. But then again, I'm pretty sure hordes of folks just wanted to get in based on the prestige alone and not department.

The difference with Yale is that, from what i understand, the program is really small and they only accept 2 (sometimes 3) students a year. So I think that even though they aren't top 20 nationally, it's still very competitive. On top of that, it seems that the applicant pool was also very competitive this year for phd programs.

I spoke with the graduate advisor and she told me that they accept within 10-12 PHD students a year out of an applicant pool or more.