To the people using the "survey"

virion

I'm probably preaching to no one here, as anyone aware of the forum portion of this site would probably not be doing this. But it's annoying how many people are starting to post "Other" to ask questions to people who are posting good news. That's what the forum is for. No one looking for dates and info in 2014 is going to want to see you begging to hear someone's stats.

I'll be the lame-o reporting all of them - it's nice to see how quickly they're removed.

[/preaching]

My favorite aspect of the results board is when people clearly reverse their GRE scores (not that it would be impossible for an engineer to score 800V 590Q, but somehow I doubt it happens as frequently as the results suggest).

Makes me wonder how many of the less obvious scores are also reversed...

I don't plan on posting my stats on the results board because I don't think GPA/GRE scores on their own are that useful in most cases, so I would hope that anyone in the future who is really curious will take the time to visit the forums (as I did when I was starting to think about applications). That way they can get more complete pictures of people's backgrounds from those willing to share.

Edited by Pitangus

Even worse/funnier is when people are hungry for more details from folks who got rejections.

But here's my new favorite: "to the Rice app w/interview-- what time zone are you in? any change to online app detailing interview?"

I've only seen one person reply to something like this. "To the person who asked...". Also marked as spam of course.

Right. It's an archive which proves to be useful years down the road. It would be nice if gradcafe put a little notice on the submission page telling people not to do that, and directing them here. If these people knew about the forum I doubt they'd be trying to communicate via a survey.